Monday, February 02, 2009

Audio of me on the radio

The audio is now up of my interview last night (Feb. 1) on the James Allen Show in Phoenix. Go here and choose the top item in the audio archives. I come in at about 4 minutes, I'm told. The commercials are still in there, so you can try to slide through those.

Bill Luse points out to me that I should have mentioned that my writing on the subject of religion in the public square is best exemplified by my article in The Christendom Review. That was in fact why I suggested the topic to James Allen when he made contact with me about being on. He's quite right. I should have put it into my notes for the interview.

Editor of What's Wrong with the World Paul Cella has absolved me for mispronouncing his name. The C is soft rather than Italianate.

James Allen did an excellent job as an interviewer. I had a lot of fun doing the interview, and if you have some time, you may enjoy listening to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend it. Highly.

Anonymous said...

I hate to sound like a stalker, but I've been lurking on your blog for a week or two now. How I stumbled upon your site, I honestly couldn't tell you as I've completely forgotten! The reason I stuck around is that I admire your intellect. (By the way, I think I may have emailed you once before, quite a long time ago, about a hymn that I enjoyed singing in my youth. But I might be wrong and, besides, even if I'm right, I'm sure you wouldn't remember!...)
Anyway, I have listened to part of the show and am finding it very interesting. You are not only a good writer, but a good speaker too.
In Australia, where I live, conservative talk-radio simply doesn't exist, so it's always rather exciting to find a new conservative talk radio show via podcast. Thank you.

Lydia McGrew said...

Thanks, Bill!

Simone, you don't sound like a stalker, don't worry. I do remember the e-mail, though I don't remember the name of the song. As I recall, I wasn't able to give you info. on it, because I didn't know it.

It's a sobering thought that in Australia you have no conservative talk radio. I don't have time to listen to talk radio much now, but I think it's very important that it's out there as a phenomenon, and I was glad to be involved in this relatively small show out of Phoenix. I think it's significant (and a little creepy) that the liberals hate conservative talk radio so much and seem to be revving up to try somehow to eliminate it now that their guy is in office as President.