Saturday, July 04, 2009

In God We Trust

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!




And here is my July 4 post at W4. If I have any European readers, I want to make it clear that we American conservatives are proud not only of our country but of our country's Christian heritage. I understand this sort of God and country connection is considered bad manners in Europe. Too, too bad.

May God bless America and keep America free, and may America always acknowledge Him, the source of all her blessings.

3 comments:

Jack said...

This may be a couple of weeks late lydia, but there are still proud Patriotic God-fearing Europeans alive, its just that actively seeking for them is pointless, they will come to you, not you to them

Lydia McGrew said...

Thanks, Jack, for stopping by and commenting. And thanks for (if, as I guess, you are from Europe) not taking offense at my slightly belligerent tone. I was perhaps a little more grumpy than necessary. God bless.

Jack said...

don't worry, none taken