Sunday, April 04, 2010

Alleluia! He is Risen! A Musical Easter

He is risen! Rejoice and be exceeding glad, for death is swallowed up in victory!

Below are several entirely different types of Easter music. Take your pick.

Side note: I wish someone would put on-line the old Don Wyrtzen setting of "Worthy Is the Lamb." It is simple but beautiful, but it seems not to have stayed in fashion long enough to make it to the Internet. If I find it before next year, I'll put it up next Easter.

Blessings to my readers for a joyous Eastertide. (No new Easter apologetics material in this post, but here, here, here, and here are some of my other posts on that topic, and here is Tim's and my paper on the resurrection.)


"Worthy is the Lamb" and "Amen" from Handel's Messiah



Glad--"Christus Dominus Hodie Resurrexit" (When Imeem went to Myspace, this disappeared from another post that included it, so here it is again.)




"Because He Lives"--Gaither Vocal Band, especially good solo by Guy Penrod

4 comments:

Richard D said...

I remember some of the old Don Wyrtzen quite fondly as well, Lydia. Unfortunately, Wyrtzen had so much "schmultzy" music that his reputation suffered for it and much of his better quality music died out along with the elevator music he was so well-known for.

Lydia McGrew said...

That particular "Worthy is the Lamb" is really nice.

Anonymous said...

The audio company I worked for built touring equipment for Glad, so I met some of the guys. I remember it because to demonstrate the speakers, we turned them up while they were at our other building two blocks away. People were pouring out of business to see what on earth was so darn loud!

Lydia McGrew said...

Wow! You got to meet the Glad guys! I hope you got autographs. :-) I was listening to them on Easter Sunday and thinking there's just really no one with a voice quite like Ed Nalle's.